Next time you choose the eyeliner, understand the fact that different eyeliners have a different impact on the overall look of your eye make-up. Right from giving you a subtle everyday look to creating more drama or giving you the right strokes or the liberty to experiment with different styles of application; these different types of eyeliners can make a huge difference. Here’s how you can choose the best waterproof eyeliner for your eyes
1. Liquid Eyeliner
It all started with the liquid one. We’re sure you remember using it for the first time and making a mess.
- Pros: It’s long lasting and rarely smudges. If you are looking for the perfect evening make-up with sharp strokes and pointed fine edges, this one fits the bill.
- Cons: The application is tricky. A stroke with a shaky hand and it shows clearly on your eyes. Besides, liquid eyeliners look better on people with a flawless skin or those who apply a neat base of foundation or base. Not suited for a casual jeans t-shirt look.
2. Pencil Eyeliner
Popularly known as Kohl, you have two types in this – the hard pencil (the one which you sharpen all the time) and the mechanical twist pencils, which are hassle free.
- Pros: Easy to apply. You can smudge it slightly for a natural, no make-up kind of effect. It’s relatively cheaper than the other types, easy to carry and can be applied in no time while on the go.
- Cons: You’ll have to reapply it a couple of times in a day as it tends to lighten. If you are looking for the perfect winged or want to stretch the liner beyond the natural lash lines or create a cat eye look, this fails to give you precise results.
3. Gel Eyeliner
This was introduced recently, but has already become a favorite among most make-up artists.
- Pros: Gel liners give you the benefit of both pencil and liquid eyeliners. You can create the perfect cat eyes or sharp strokes whenever required and smudge them a bit for the natural or casual look. It is long lasting too.
- Cons: Slightly expensive and difficult to maintain. You’ll have to carry the thin brush (so as to not damage its bristles) and the pot everywhere. Also, you’ll need a little practice to master the art but it’s worth it especially if you like your eyes done well.
4. Powder Eyeliners
Your eye shadow powder can be turned into an eyeliner with this method. Just use an angled thin brush, dampen it with water and then dip it in your eye shadow. Using this brush, you liner your eyes.
- Pros: You can experiment with a lot of colours. You do not need to pick up a different shade or eyeliner and eye shadow so that saves you money.
- Cons: Difficult to use while on the go and like Kohl, it fails to give you the winged or cat eye look.
5. Gel Pencils
They look like felt pens and at times smell like one too. These are sharp and darker than most other types of eyeliners.
- Pros: Gel dries up very quickly so it is your best friend when you are in a hurry. An easy application like pencil liners and can also give you sharp strokes to experiment with different styles of application.
- Cons: Expensive than most eyeliners, the felt pen dries up if not capped properly and loses its effect.
Top 5 Waterproof Eye Liner
Made with a cocktail of moisturizing ingredients, including vitamin E, color glides on smooth (no tugging or pulling) in a waterproof formula that won’t budge or fade. With tons of gorgeous shades to pick from, discover intense and immediate color payoff in a single swipe! Our Smudge Sticks pack a one-two punch: you can use it as a classic pencil liner or a smudgy eye shadow – simply smudge with your fingers or a brush before color sets.
A supple and incredibly soft waterproof pencil that delivers intense, precise lines with rich color and long lasting results. Formulated to provide intense color and hold for dramatic eyes. Wear alone or to accent your favorite eyeshadow. Wear in the heat, in the pool, at the beach, it can take it.
Bad date? Don’t be afraid to cry when you’re wearing NYC New York Color Waterproof Eyeliner Pencils. Their waterproof power is perfect for active girls, gliding on to define your eyes with intense colors. You don’t have to re apply during the day. And you don’t have to cry about the price either. BENEFITS Waterproof formula Long lasting coverage, no need to touch up during the day Dermatologist tested KEY INGREDIENTS Vitamin E Moisturizing Jojoba
A high-performance eyeliner crayon Features a silky creamy texture that glides & blends easily Boasts a waterproof, long-lasting & ultra-resistant formula Provides rich, intense color while drawing a super-precise line Gives a soft, blurry finish
Christian Dior Crayon Eyeliner Waterproof is a long-wearing, smudge-free eyeliner that’s not afraid of water! Each classic shade glides on with precise, mistake-proof ease. A blending brush-tip and a sharpener attached. Backstage Beauty Tip: Add definition to eyes with a fine line of Dior Waterproof Eyeliner and a swipe of Diorshow Mascara. Intensify this look for night by adding extra liner and mascara to the outside corners for a sexy cat’s-eye look.