Experts — both pro and amateur — usually tell you why they think something like a particular pair of Bluetooth headphones are the best. Most times you’ll be able to decide if the things they think are important are things you think are important and buying on a recommendation usually works out. But if you like to research before you buy, or even know what the experts look for, we’ve got five things you need to consider.
Knowing how you’re going to be using your headphones can make a big difference. The best Bluetooth headphones for someone who listens while running every morning aren’t going to be the best for someone who uses them to listen to music or audio books while they are working. Decide which style of headphone you want — Bluetooth headphones come as earbuds, on-ear, over-ear, open back and most every other style that wired headphones use. Think about how you’ll use them, then look at other options.
There is nothing wrong with a pair of headphones that will only get five hours of use from a charge, provided you won’t need to use them longer than five hours at a stretch — and they don’t hurt your head while doing it. But if you need a pair to last you all day plus a commute, for example, that’s not going to work. Look at the packaging or the product’s website to see what the people who make them say, then knock off about 15% of the times they give. Also, reviews will quickly tell you if the manufacturer is grossly over-estimating the battery life.
Bluetooth version is important. Don’t buy a pair of Bluetooth headphones that don’t support Bluetooth 4.2 or the latest version in the future. Android supports it fully, and your phone probably uses it. Besides Internet of Things connectivity improvements, 4.2 brought some critical security features. While nobody will hack your headphones, seeing no wires means they know that your phone has Bluetooth turned on.
Don’t go into this thinking that you’ll get the same level of fidelity from Bluetooth that you can with wired headphones. The audio processing components on quality Bluetooth models can be very good, but the source data from your phone over Bluetooth isn’t good enough to make use of the great hardware. For now. aptX Lossless is coming and should make for obvious improvements.
Finally, once you’ve sorted out models that suit all of your needs, it’s time to think about the price. Like everything, recognizable brands will be more costly. Names like Bose or Sony or Sennheiser can have $400+ price tags attached, but usually offer excellent noise and call cancellation, a comfortable fit, and great battery life. For a lot of us, that makes them worth the price. But Jabra or JBL have models that are almost as good in the same areas at one-fourth the price.
Top 5 Waterproof Bluetooth Headphones
- TRUE HD HIGH FIDELITY SOUND Featuring latest Bluetooth 4.1 CSR technology and state of the art acoustic components that produce incredible sound quality with deep bass and crystal clear treble.
- COMFORTABLE AND SECURE FIT WITH IPX-7 WATERPROOF RATING – ActivBuds feature Ergonomically designed flexible ear hooks with gel flex silicone earbuds to ensure your headphones stay comfortably firm in place to guarantee fatigue free ears and tangle free comfort.
- LONGEST BATTERY LIFE – The new and improved lithium polymer battery allows seamless enjoyment of music for up to 8 hours and 240 hours stand-by with a quick charge of only 1.5 hours.
- IPX7 SWEATPROOF EARPHONES: Mpow IPX7 Water-resistant Nano-coating efficiently protects sport headphones from sweat and ensure more guaranteed life span, perfect for running, jogging, hiking, yoga, exercises, gym, fitness, travelling and etc.
- REDEFINE YOUR EARS IN RICHER RANGE: You may not get used to this earbuds with richer bass and mid at first if you used to use earbuds with flat or sharp sound. Thanks to the tuned driver, CSR chip and Bluetooth 4.1, you can get superb bass sound, as well as richer and crisp sound with Mpow earbuds at the furthest degree that in-ear & Bluetooth-compression items can achieve.
- ENHANCED COMFORT & WEARABILITY: 1. We have improved the ear hooks to the proper hardness for snug fit. 2. Additionally come with a pair of memory-foam ear tips (adapt to ear canal to provide a perfect seal and snug fit to help keep your earbuds in place) and a cord clip, besides 3 pairs of regular ear tips in different sizes for your custom fit. 3. Suitable for normal size ears.
- Deep, engaging audio that keeps you moving
- Stability and comfort from a behind-the-ear design and soft flexible neckband
- Waterproof – rinse under the tap after your sweatiest workouts
- Easy-access on-ear controls for calls and music
- Silicone material provides comfort, built-in solid metal wire keeps the shape of the earhook. Gray metal shell makes the Bluetooth headphones more stylish and durable than others.
- Widely compatible with iPhone, Android smartphone, tablets, etc. Wireless in-ear headphones are able to connect with 2 devices. Around ear Bluetooth headphones ensure 7 Hours music time or 8 hours call time with a quick charge for less than 2 hours.
- Three sizes of earbuds ensure the in-ear comfort without falling out during running or workout. IPX4 Waterproof Level. Bluetooth headphones can be used in the light rain (can’t support with water pressure).
- The unnoticeable and undroppable F8 headset is even smaller than a coin.Adopt the lastest touch-control technology without any physical button. Support a lot functions such as “Play” “Pause” “The Next Song” “The SIRI Voice Assistant” and so on.
- Use Buletooth V4.2 Chip. IPX7 water proof design with high quality music and calling effect. Suitable for almost any occasion even if you can enjoy the high quality music in the shower.
- 4.5 hours Talk /Muisc time in headsets. Equipped with a artistic charging box which can add additional 13 hours of battery life.Adopt quick-charging technology. It takes only 25 minutes for each of the earbuds to be fully charged.