There are many types of aprons, in a variety of materials, colors, and styles, and choosing isn’t as easy as it seems. You have to know what you’re trying to accomplish before you wear your apron or you may have too much, too little, or not enough protection. An apron designed for professional cooking will not offer the required protection in a chemistry lab, for example.
1. What Are You Doing That Requires an Apron?
This is an obvious question, but it’s the starting point for determining what type of apron you need. If you’re working in a restaurant, you want something with a certain look, as well as features and functions that will work for you. Aprons for restaurant professionals are designed much differently than those for artists, welders, or carpenters. Understanding exactly what an aprons function is supposed to be will help you make sure you are getting exactly what you need.
2. Do You Need an Apron to Protect Your Clothes?
This may seem like a silly question, but not all aprons are made for protecting clothes. If you’re working at a festival and just need something to collect money or tickets, then a full-length apron made of heavy duty material will be in your way. If you’re gardening, something that goes to your feet will be cumbersome when you’re on your knees pulling weeds. Maybe you just need something with pockets, or just to protect your top half. It’s important to know what that is before you buy, or you will be wasting money.
3. Are You Going to Be Using Sharp Objects?
Working in a professional kitchen, you’ll be working with knives and other sharp objects that can easily slice through the thin material of a home apron. A carpenter can very easily damage a thin apron with the tools and equipment he uses.
While even the thickest aprons won’t protect you from every single thing you come across, you want to be able to take some minor scrapes and bumps without having to worry about buying a new apron every time you do.
4. Do You Want Something Easily Washable?
You probably don’t want to have to wash your apron every single time you use it, but you want something that will resist stains. A chef’s apron is made to resist common cooking stains: grease and oils, acids, or wine. Most can then be thrown into the washer on a regular basis to come clean. An apron made for a chemist may be coated in heavy layers designed to protect from harsh chemicals; a bit much for most things, if you’re working with something that can burn through your skin, you want all the protection you can get. These aprons aren’t designed for washing. Make sure you know what you’re looking for so that you will take care of your investment properly.
5. Are You Working in One Place or Will You Be Moving Around?
If you’re going to be standing in one place, an apron with pockets is probably unnecessary, especially if you don’t have a lot of tools you need to work. Moving from one end of a large kitchen to another, or walking around a house while you’re trying to fix minor items will be much easier if you have pockets where you can keep things like towels or small tools with you wherever you go. It’s not a lot of extra cost, but is worth it when you don’t have to stop what you’re doing to figure out what you need and where it is.
Top 5 Waterproof Apron
- 1″ adjustable nylon neck strap, 1″ adjustable nylon waist strap with buckle
- Durable, water resistant vinyl material
- 33″ long x 26″ wide
- Bar-tacked at all stress points
- A must-have for professional and amateur groomers alike
- Durable, stain resistant, waterproof and easy to clean
- Features an adjustable neck strap and long ties at the waist
- MADE WITH NEWLY IMPROVED POLYVINYL CHLORIDE MATERIAL – Our heavy duty apron is made with a newly improved polyvinyl chloride fabric that is light in weight without compromising its quality.
- WATERPROOF AND WASHABLE – No more need for disposable aprons that have to be thrown out after a single use. These aprons are waterproof to protect from stains and are easy to clean.
- MULTIPURPOSE & DURABLE – These vinyl waterproof aprons are multi use, chemical resistant, and long to provide protection through various usage. Safety is our concern so we provide aprons to act as a bib for standard jobs such as dishwashing, butcher, laboratories, and factories as well as nonstandard jobs.
- Long-lasting and machine washable. Commercial grade aprons resist wear and tear.
- Ideal for home or business use. Well-suited and Waterproof for the kitchen, garden, or craft table.
- Does not soak up stains as cotton,thus, launder much easier.
- 100% Spun Polyester With Cold Water Repellent Finish
- Adjustable neck strap, extra long waist tie, 35.4inchx27.2inch help to fit most body size and provide bigger coverage and protection
- Spacious 3 separately different size front pocket is designed for tools or phones
- Suitable for restaurant, home kitchen garden and commercial use
- Waterproof, normal droplets of water or liquids can roll off from surface(NOT suitable for HOT & too much water)