With so many wearables on the market, it can be difficult to choose a device that will suit you best. The right one will be based on your individual needs – whether it’s step counting, sleep tracking or 24/7 heart rate tracking – there is something for everyone. No one product does it all, but some come closer than others.
The truth is, not every tracker is for everybody. You’ll find wearables aimed at everyone from workout newbies to gym junkies, from runners to swimmers. So, how do you find the perfect tracker for your life? Here are some things to consider.
1. What do you want to track
Most trackers keep tabs on steps, distance, calories and activity. They will also give you a little buzz if you’ve been sedentary for a specific period of time, which is helpful to keep you moving throughout the day. The more advanced ones will also feature a GPS for more precise measuring of distance. If your primary activity is walking, hiking or running, pretty much any brand will do. Not so if you get most of your activity by cycling, working an elliptical, walking on a treadmill, swimming or mountain climbing. Be sure to select a tracker that can capture data for the specific activity or sport you do most.
2. Does the design appeal to you
Trackers come in different shapes, styles and sizes. Design is a subjective topic, but a very important one. Activity trackers started off as chunky and unattractive devices aimed at fitness freaks and technology buffs. The tech community has, however, grasped the importance of designing wearable technology that is both functional and attractive.
It is clear that at the moment, wearable technology is still more popular with men than women. According to Fitbit data, around 70% of their devices are sold to men. This is slowly changing, however, and more and more trackers are being designed with female fitness enthusiasts in mind.
3. User experience
Wearing a fitness tracker is, however, only half the story. The other equally important part is understanding and using your data to live a healthy life. Different activity trackers have different ways of displaying the data. It is therefore important that the smartphone app and any website interface are attractive and simple to use, and provide you with information that you are most interested in.
4. Battery Life
Trackers using disposable watch batteries last longer, but they require a replacement every few months to up to a year. They are also slimmer on features. Rechargeable batteries, on the other hand, are built to spec for each device.
As for charging up the batteries, most require nothing more than a standard USB port. Some will charge faster than others, but factor in on at least a few hours for a full refuel.
5. GPS or no GPS
GPS is great, but only if you really need it. Some fitness trackers can pair with your smartphone to extract GPS information. This, however, means that you need to carry your smartphone with you. If you walk the same trail every day, then a GPS monitor isn’t going to do all that much for you. If you hit the gym primarily, the results will be entirely uninteresting!
Top 5 Waterproof Activity Tracker
1. AUSUN 107HR PLS – Fitness Tracker, Heart Rate Monitor Waterproof Activity Tracker
- Interchangeable colorful Straps for your choice
- Activity Track: Accurately tracks all-day activities like steps, distance, calories burned, and 14 sport modes help you better understanding your daily activities
- Heart Rate and Sleep monitor: Automatically monitor your heart rate and sleep, keep you informed your body status, and help you make suitable exercise plan
2. Besyoyo Waterproof Smart Bracelet with Sleep Monitor, Fitness Tracker
- Waterproof Fitness Tracker: IP67 Waterproof Rating,available for the shower,rain,beach or pool wearing.
- Activity Tracker: records your whole day activities such as steps,walking distance, calories burned and excersie time to enjoy more healty life.
- Sleep Monitor:automatically monitors the total effective sleeping time and analynzes the sleepping condition (light sleep and deep sleep).
3. Fitbit Alta Smart Fitness Activity Tracker, Water Resistant and Sleep Monitor
- Track your activity levels, sleep patterns, and more with the black Fitbit Alta Activity Tracker in size small. This sleek band uses an array of sensors to keep track of how many steps you take, how far you walk, how many floors you climb, the number of calories you burn, and the time you spend active. It connects to your smartphone via Bluetooth and syncs its data wirelessly while providing you with notifications, workout assistance, and more on its OLED tap display.
4. Riktec Waterproof Wireless Fitness Activity Tracker Smart Bracelet Watch
- RikTec Smart Bracelet can measure your heart rate, blood pressure, blood oxygen, sleep quality and other health indicators, There is a professional management of APP, you can generate clear graphical reports and provide normal data reference to keep you informed about your health.
- Bluetooth synchronization APP data analysis, through real-time information, such as steps, distance and calories consumed, can let you know your motion data and adjust your exercise plan.
5. LEMFO Heart Rate Monitor Full Color Screen IP67 Waterproof Bracelet
- FULL COLOR SCREEN and SWIMMING WATERPROOF : 0.96 inch HD full color screen , vividly shows the calls , texts and symbols with ultra visual experience . With high performance material , IP67 waterproof grade , fit for washing hands , bathing and swimming at shadow water area . Enjoying all features of fitness tracker watch anywhere and anytime .
- DYNAMIC HEART RATE and SLEEP MONITOR: Adopts upgraded heart rate chip , real time heart rate monitoring, provides the accurate data analysis for your fitness status, optional for automatic tracking of heartbeats . Also tracks the sleeping status included deep sleep time , light sleep time and awake time helpful to improve your rest .